Family history of colorectal (bowel) cancer & bowel polyps
- Life Cover – HSBC Life will offer standard rate decisions, increase to the premium or be unable to provide a quote (if associated with other conditions)
- Critical Illness Cover & TPD – HSBC Life will offer standard rate decisions or be unable to provide a quote.
There are some rules that apply across all applicants with a family history of colorectal (bowel) cancer & bowel polyps – that would result in HSBC Life not being able to offer Life Cover, Critical Illness Cover or TPD at the current time. Such as:
- A confirmed diagnosis of family history of:
- Familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP)
- Hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancer (HNPCC)
- Familial colorectal cancer (Lynch I) syndrome
- Hereditary adenocarcinomatosis (Lynch II) syndrome.
This is a general guide and is not a guarantee of acceptance.
|Example||Scenario Assumes BMI within normal limits, no to all other questions not specified and within maximum for sum assured and age limits)||Life Cover||Critical Illness Cover||TPD Cover|
|1||Applicant aged 61; 1 family member diagnosed with bowel cancer at age 60.||Standard||Standard||Standard|
|2||Applicant aged 61; 2 family members diagnosed with bowel cancer at ages 60 and 64.||+50% loading||Terms wouldn’t be offered||Terms wouldn’t be offered|
|3||Applicant aged 61; ‘don’t know’ what type of bowel cancer or polyps; advised to have colonoscopy in the future.||Terms wouldn’t be offered||Terms wouldn’t be offered||Terms wouldn’t be offered|